Wednesday 12 March 2014

Mornings in Winters...

Every morning in this chilly weather I ponder on whether to send S to school or not. Too many thoughts keep hovering in my mind, “he will get bored at home”…”what if weather is same for next 2-3 weeks”.. or “what if it will get sunny in next 2-3 hours”…or …“oh he will catch cold and cough again”…and what not….

Amid all these thoughts, I still push myself out of bed every morning, prepare tiffin for S, pack his bag….and wake up S…. The moment I enter his room … this song plays as background score in my mind….

“Yahaan Alag Andaz Hai… Jaise Chidta Koi Saaz Hai…
Yeh Waqt Ke Kabhi Ghulam Nahin…. Inhain Kisi Baat Ka Dhyan Nahin…
Duniya Ka Naara Jame Raho…” and so on…
                            
All my hurried-self comes to a standstill gazing my sleeping angel. But I manage to gather back my scattered thoughts and shake S out of the dreamland,
“Come on Swarit, wake up… Mam is waiting for u…”
and his reply most of the times is either “mumma mujhe bohot neeni aa rahi thi…” or “mumma mai school nahi gaya, to Mam roi roi karegi kya”?

And then in hush hush, follows brush – milk – washroom – bathing – dressing up…. (follow my old post Bestof moments for elaborate steps for few of the events)

On way to school bus, we share his school stories, what’s there in his tiffin, things to submit in school and one constant eye is there on the society gate to check if bus has not arrived….

If its too much foggy (which S calls hoggy)…or breezy …my anxiety levels pump up thinking how will kids manage in school…. And sunny weather turns glooms to glee…

Bus arrives, S hops in and runs for the window seat to catch hold of the glimpse of his mumma. And so am I, waiting outside and looking through all the glasses so that S appears in one of them…. And endless byes follows in chorus by all the anxious mothers…the bus departs…. End of the morning saga…
And I come back home smiling with the morning moments with S still flashing in my mind one by one like a Kaleidoscope… and there I get busy with my morning chores (writing being one of them ) till the clock ticks for S to come back home…


These are my mornings….what’s yours?

Originally posted by Parentous

No comments:

Post a Comment

वो समंदर का किनारा…

वो   समंदर   का   किनारा ,  वो   लहरों   से   बातें ,  दूसरे   छोर   पे   धरा   से   मिलन   को   वो   वादे , वो   हर   आती   लहर   को   देख ...